My Latest EP

Friday, December 14, 2018

Ohrwurm

During the week, we were making fun of the German word "Ohrwurm" with a friend who had attended the German School (I did not...) here and with another music loving friend that lives in the German speaking region of Switzerland.

Minutes later, we realized that it was the same "Earworm" that we frequently use in English for a song or part of a song that constantly repeats in our minds when in most cases we cannot remember the name of the song...

I immediately googled the word in order to find out some info about the word's origin or how it happened to be used in that meaning. Of course before finding anything concrete about the "earworm" I was looking for, I came across a youtube playlist by Vox called the "Earworm".

Basically it is a playlist that consists of 13 videos produced by Emmy-nominated producer Estelle Caswell. The videos take us on a musical journey to discover the stories and sounds behind great songs.

The videos are not long, around 10 minutes or so, and they really help to explain certain peculiarities of music in general via giving examples from songs that we all know.

Here is a couple of these cool videos I enjoyed most but I am sure that it is going to be a great experience to watch the whole playlist.


Earworm Episode 2


Earworm Episode 9


Earworm Episode 11

I am still trying to find something on the word "earworm" and till then I guess these videos will keep you busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment