My Latest EP

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Five Songs for the Weekend - XXX -

Here is the 30th "weekend songs post" and that means a hefty 150 songs that I have tried to make you listen to. I always wonder what a song means to someone. Do most people get a similar feeling out of a song when they first hear it? I wish there was a way to find out...

I recently watched a great movie named "A Boy Called Sailboat" that tells the story of a boy writing a song for his grandmother on a ukulele he found somewhere. Do certain songs have magical powers in people's minds or hearts? Well the movie was much deeper than that and included a great deal of symbols and metaphors but I think I concentrated more on the healing power of music.

As Arnold Bennett once wrote on music;
 “Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, 
but which the soul can never translate. ”

And now, this week's list;

  • Sivert Høyem feat. Marie Munroe - "My Thieving Heart" 
  • Jean-Benoît Dunckel & Jonathan Fitoussi - "Mirages"
  • Julia Biel - "Wasting Breath"

  • Sister Nancy - "Bam Bam"
  • Max Roach & Abbey Lincoln - Lonesome Lover


Hope you have a great weekend.

nb. You can open the actual youtube page by clicking the name on the upper left side of each video.

No comments:

Post a Comment