My Latest EP

Friday, September 13, 2019

Which one is your favorite? - IV -

Already a month passed since I started the new series on the blog. I am grateful to you as I am receiving comments under the posts meaning that I am not the only one on the blog... Keep up the good work about comments and keep me motivated...

Our song for today is:

"All Along the Watchtower"

This is a song written and recorded by American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan. The song initially appeared on his 1967 album John Wesley Harding, and it has been included on most of Dylan's subsequent greatest hits compilations. Since the late 1970s, he has performed it in concert more than any of his other songs.
Dylan recorded "All Along the Watchtower" on November 6, 1967, at Columbia Studio A in Nashville, Tennessee, the same studio where he had completed Blonde on Blonde in the spring of the previous year. Accompanying Dylan, who played acoustic guitar and harmonica, were two Nashville veterans from the Blonde on Blonde sessions, Charlie McCoy on bass guitar and Kenneth Buttrey on drums. The producer was Bob Johnston, who produced Dylan's two previous albums, Highway 61 Revisited in 1965 and Blonde on Blonde in 1966.


Here are the 3 versions I chose for you;


  • The Jimi Hendrix Experience - "All Along The Watchtower"
  • Bryan Ferry - "All Along the Watchtower"
  • Dave Matthews Band - "All Along The Watchtower"


Now the floor is yours, go ahead and make your comments (here, Instagram, Facebook wherever you feel like...).

But before that here is a bonus for my generation that is out of the competition...

  • U2 - "All Along The Watchtower"


nb. Please note that I intentionally do not include the original versions of the songs as it would be a little unfair to the artists covering the songs, and I am sure that sometimes you will be surprised to see that the songs you thought were the originals are just covers...

5 comments:

  1. Hendrix is the one and only, even better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all of them are great covers, you have a good taste and I did not even know some of these covers existed. Many thanks for such great finds. Keep on rocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Keep on listening :)

      Delete
  3. Hello, I am a huge Ferry and Roxy Music fan but here Hendrix is way better than the rest. His version is so different and his guitar skills are always amazing.

    ReplyDelete